I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I completed a five-year BA(Hons) in Graphic Design at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA, FADU). When I finished my undergraduate studies, I moved to Barcelona to complete a postgraduate degree in Editorial Techniques and a masters of Advanced Studies degree (DEA diploma/MPhil) in Information Design both at the University of Barcelona. Years later, my passion for complex diagrams and information design took me to London to complete my PhD at the London College of Communication, University of the Arts London. For my commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning in higher education, I have been recognised as a Fellow member of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in the UK.
In August 2009, I started this blog initially as an interactive platform to share the progress of my PhD research and thoughts about information design. Since then, this space has increasingly encouraged the participation of many professionals, students and academics to share their points of view, theories, comments, suggestions, and proposals related to information design, design research, and design education.
The present. In 2014, I moved to the New York area in the US. Since then I have been tackling new challenges and expanding my design expertise, such as teaching interaction design, information visualization at Rutgers University and Parsons School of Design.
Currently my areas of interest are:
- Work in the intersection of information design, cognitive science, and field research
- Contribute to the development of courses, programmes and certificates that bring design education to non-design universities
- Develop creative teaching approaches and methods
- Bring creative thinking to STEM and other domains focused on understanding the psychology and neuroscience involved in this way of thinking
- Teach design research, information design and creativity workshops to professionals and educators from various industries.
I am currently a professional specialist and lecturer at Princeton University, teaching information design, design research, design thinking and creativity, and partner at Sense Information Design LLC with Michael Babwahsingh. I’m also in the Executive Board of the International Institute for Information Design (IIID).