Next month, the first Information Design NYC Meetup event of 2016 will take place. Information designers have been trying to define this field, determining its boundaries and describing the different forms that it can take. However, information design still remains unclear, meaning different things to different people. This first event will be an interactive talk/mixer focused on the who, what and why of information design. We will try to make sense of it, discuss what it means to you, and how information design can be defined in today’s rapidly changing environment.
This first event won’t follow the typical lecture-driven format of most events. It will be highly interactive and collaborative, inviting everyone to share their thoughts and opinions on information design through fun activities, questions, networking and some discussion.
This will be a great opportunity to learn some interesting aspects of information design, meet other professionals, students and people in the community while also having fun and sharing stories.
If you are in New York City on March 15, make sure you stop by and share your thoughts on information design.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Information Design: Who, What & Why
- 6:30-7:00 pm: Check-in and Networking Activity: “What is Information Design?”
Think while you mingle over light refreshments with a series of interactive posters that probe your knowledge of information design.
- 7:00-7:30 pm: Presentation and Q&A
Get a bird’s-eye view of the field of information design from Michael Babwahsingh and Sheila Pontis, partners at Sense Information Design, and pick up some key discussion points for networking to follow.
- 7:30-8:30 pm: Networking Activity: “Who, What & Why”
Quiz your fellow event-mates on information design-themed questions, share your views, and learn a bit about information design history in this rotating networking activity.
- Open to ID Meetup members, and all other people interested in the field: those who know a lot, those who know a little, and those who know nothing but would like to have a better sense of information design
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016 – 6.30-8.30 pm
General Assembly NYC
902 Broadway, Floor 4, New York, New York 10010
- This a free event, but space is limited. Please RSVP Here.