The need for information design is even greater than before: explain COVID-19 rules, explain how to use masks properly, explain the many ways you can vote, explain new rules for flying, visualize COVID-19 numbers, etc. The list can go on and on. As information designers, it is imperative that we gain a deep understanding of the problem before we start working on the solution.
MapCI Cards can help. They provide guidance for the initial steps of the design process when it is hard to determine from where to start by making them less abstract and overwhelming. If you or your team are working on an information design project and need help to gather, analyze, and organize information, get your deck here!
What MapCI Cards users say
“I can’t tell you enough how influential your Information Design concepts have been for our organization. We have made great strides, particularly in recognizing Conceptual Design as its own tradecraft and getting our first positions established dedicated to that function above all else. We are seeing a radical improvement and even some real transformation in our products and product lines.”MapCI User since December 2019
“They’re a fascinating set of cards which I think would be particularly useful to help students or non-designers dig into their projects.”MapCI User since May 2020
Why getting MapCI Cards
If you answer Yes to one or more of the following questions, MapCI Cards can help!
- Do you struggle to define the problem at hand?
- Do you struggle to identify what type of information do you need to know about your audience to help you move forward?
- Do you struggle to determine how you can identify your audience needs?
- Do you struggle to distinguish relevant from irrelevant information?
- Do you struggle to define a clear information architecture?
- Do you struggle to understand how to start designing information?
- Do you work in a cross-disciplinary team and meetings are unproductive?